I know that I will not be the first blogger to blog on Grey's. But I wanted to do it anyway. Mainly because I feel that the drama set in Seattle Grace is closely associated with me. If you see the viewer's comments about the show, you will understand that I am not alone. Almost everyone who is a fan of the show has one character with which they closely relate to. Be it Yang, Grey, Stevens, O'Mally, Shepherd, Burke, Bailey, Karev, Webber and I am just starting. When I first saw the show, I just felt them reaching out and making a connection with me. They are all beautiful candidates- No doubt! But they defy the usual rule that good looking people always have it easy. They go through their fair share of mishaps, heart breaks, joy and misery.
![]() | |
| The first crew of main characters. From Google Search. |
They too loose their sleep, work long hours, look like shit when they working double shift and loose their loved ones, win over the people they love, go through confusion, face problems and everything else we all go through in our day to day life. And the biggest thing that draws me to this show is how they manage to blend the technical and medical stuff with their day to day life and give it to people. So we get to watch a show we like and learn some great medical things in the process. Personally, I learnt a lot about medicine (well, more about diagnosis) and got to see how a ER in a hospital might look. And who ever is penning the script, the wise cracks and the catchy phrases for the show, I would like to meet you sometime in my life. 'Cos many of your work had not only made me double with laughter but had also given me the strength to push through my difficult times.
I have gone through times when I had little or no sleep while some ba*****s where trying their might to screw up my life. Every now and then I end up in a situation where I had to fight like hell to stabilize my stance. And through all these experiences, one phrase from Grey's Anatomy, uttered by Meredith stayed with me:
'Maybe we like the pain. Maybe we are wired that way. Because without it, I don't know; maybe we just wouldn't feel real. What's that saying? Why do I keep hitting myself with a hammer? Because it feels so good when I stop.'
How true!! Only the people who have struggled in the past or are struggling now will get this one. And just for this quote, Shonda or who ever wrote it, I would like to meet you. And I would like to let you know that it is terrible enough that you guys take a summer break, but a long winter break is too much too bad. Eagerly waiting for the Jan shows. Oh yea, I have attached some more pictures of the main crew below..
![]() |
| Another shot of the first main crew. From Google Search. |
![]() |
| First crew of the show. |
| |||
| Current crew of the show. From Google Search. |
Last but not the least, here is the link to the list of quotes and funny phrases in Grey's Anatomy:



No comments:
Post a Comment