I love music.. But I am more of a bathroom singer and stick to listening to them when in public.. And I try to hear as many new songs as possible (from different languages, cultures & countries) so that I can experience all the emotions and feelings connected to music.. Guess I am going overboard (overbored??). But I heard 2 short songs in Tamil with 2 different extreme emotions and they simply blew me off..
I fell in love with VTV songs as I always feel something beyond my usual emotions when I listen to them. ARR's music in VTV made me feel the love as I have not experienced it, with his music and bgm (not that his other compositions are bad). VTV holds a special place.. But then I heard these 2, and I have added these to the VTV list..
1. Paarvai vali sumanthal, mounam athai purinthidume
Nenjam munu munuthaal, nesam athai unarnthidume
Naanaa naanthaana- Maarinen, Vaasal odinen
Maanam paaraamal- Suriayn engum thedinen
Megam theeyai pozhinthidum nerame
Manam vidiyal inithida..
Kannil thookkam ponathe, Yeno.. Yeno..
Acham thoondil poduthe, Yeno.. Yeno..
Film: Achamundu Achamundu.
2. Yaarum paarkatha medayil - Kaathal saalaiyin oramai
The first reason I like these both is the fact that they are really short when compared to the songs in Tamil movies or Serials for that matter. Serials usually have loose-thanamaana-ratham-kothuchifying-pazhi- vaangifying stupid songs and when one or two of these refreshing ones come along, they become a hit (remember Kaathalika Neramillai's title song? Ennai thedi kaadhal ennum vaarthai anuppu..).
I have no idea as to whether these 2 songs are hit. But when u see the movie and the serial, these 2 pretty much sum up the way the lead roles feel in such a short span. You just have to hear this song and you can say what is happening in the whole movie without seeing it (atleast the gist ofcourse). I am being redundant, but I seriously envy the people who wrote these. They gonna stay with me forever..
For the sake of non-tamil people, here is the rough translation,
1. My silence can understand the pain concealed in your eyes
My heart can feel the frantic murmurs of your heart
Oh, is it me or not? I have changed and have started to run
Leaving my pride, I am now searching for the silver lining
It is the time for the cloud to spew fire (metaphor: meaning that the danger is near)
All I need now is dawn (metaphor: wanting the trouble to end)
Why have I lost my sleep?
Why is fear fishing for me?
2. When none is seeing me, in the corner of 'Love' street
I ran and rand continuously, without a boundry
I melted when I saw you, with out listening to my heart
I deliberated expressing my love, Oh, will you accept it?
When none is seeing me, in the corner of 'Love' street
I ran and rand continuously, without a boundry
In my heart filled with love, it is raining affection
I wanna get drenched in that rain with you, will you come?
I am sorry that I cannot link the songs here as they are not online (in Youtube). I guess it did not get the reach it needed. But still, wonderful compositions..
I fell in love with VTV songs as I always feel something beyond my usual emotions when I listen to them. ARR's music in VTV made me feel the love as I have not experienced it, with his music and bgm (not that his other compositions are bad). VTV holds a special place.. But then I heard these 2, and I have added these to the VTV list..
1. Paarvai vali sumanthal, mounam athai purinthidume
Nenjam munu munuthaal, nesam athai unarnthidume
Naanaa naanthaana- Maarinen, Vaasal odinen
Maanam paaraamal- Suriayn engum thedinen
Megam theeyai pozhinthidum nerame
Manam vidiyal inithida..
Kannil thookkam ponathe, Yeno.. Yeno..
Acham thoondil poduthe, Yeno.. Yeno..
Film: Achamundu Achamundu.
2. Yaarum paarkatha medayil - Kaathal saalaiyin oramai
Naalum naalume odinen - Ellai illaamal..
Unnai kandathum mayanginen - Nenjam ketkaamal
Kaathal sollave thayanginen - Yetru kolvaaya??
Yaarum paarkatha velayil - Kaathal saalaiyin oramai
Naalum naalume odinen - Ellai illaamal..
Kaathal nenjile aasaiyaai - Megam thooruthe saaralai
Sernthu nanayave neeyume - Kooda varuvaayo???
Serial: Kanaa Kaanum Kaalangal: Oru Kalloriyin Kathai.
The first reason I like these both is the fact that they are really short when compared to the songs in Tamil movies or Serials for that matter. Serials usually have loose-thanamaana-ratham-kothuchifying-pazhi- vaangifying stupid songs and when one or two of these refreshing ones come along, they become a hit (remember Kaathalika Neramillai's title song? Ennai thedi kaadhal ennum vaarthai anuppu..).
I have no idea as to whether these 2 songs are hit. But when u see the movie and the serial, these 2 pretty much sum up the way the lead roles feel in such a short span. You just have to hear this song and you can say what is happening in the whole movie without seeing it (atleast the gist ofcourse). I am being redundant, but I seriously envy the people who wrote these. They gonna stay with me forever..
For the sake of non-tamil people, here is the rough translation,
1. My silence can understand the pain concealed in your eyes
My heart can feel the frantic murmurs of your heart
Oh, is it me or not? I have changed and have started to run
Leaving my pride, I am now searching for the silver lining
It is the time for the cloud to spew fire (metaphor: meaning that the danger is near)
All I need now is dawn (metaphor: wanting the trouble to end)
Why have I lost my sleep?
Why is fear fishing for me?
2. When none is seeing me, in the corner of 'Love' street
I ran and rand continuously, without a boundry
I melted when I saw you, with out listening to my heart
I deliberated expressing my love, Oh, will you accept it?
When none is seeing me, in the corner of 'Love' street
I ran and rand continuously, without a boundry
In my heart filled with love, it is raining affection
I wanna get drenched in that rain with you, will you come?
I am sorry that I cannot link the songs here as they are not online (in Youtube). I guess it did not get the reach it needed. But still, wonderful compositions..
No comments:
Post a Comment