Friday, August 26, 2011

You cannot wake up someone who is pretending to sleep!

Today is day 12 of Anna's fast. By coincidence, I did not get to eat much the whole day till 8 in the night when I had to walk 4 miles to find a restaurant to sit down and order. At that point of time, all I wanted was food and nothing else was on my mind. When I took the first bite, I felt so bad and guilty as Anna image suddenly flashed in my mind. He has been fasting for 12 days now and I cannot go through one whole day of hunger without a blasting headache. He is really a great man. And he is doing it for the nation, not for himself. That in itself makes him a saint (a freshly minted saint - Arundathi style: How can you even utter such a phrase Ms. Arundathi?).

I now remember the lines of Mahatma Gandhi.. 'First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, they you win!'. We are at the third stage now. This is not the time to give up and go back to how things have been. They have started fighting. The lathi charges and flash arrests are increasing. I saw on NEWS that a lady committed suicide for Anna. If we give up now, we will forever be the underdogs of the corrupt, cunning jackals. They have been creating FB pages against Anna and have been trying to thwart any attempt we make to correct our way of life. They simply don't want us to change, lest they would loose all their luxuries.

And about the great Mr. Pranab Mukherjee, who is talking in the Parliament at this very moment I am typing this: What are you thinking Sir? Instead of discussing Lokpal bill, you are giving us a life history of Anna Hazare? I would like to let you know that Parliament is not like answering Anna University question paper. You will not get points if you ramble on about some loosely related topic when asked about something else. And get this Sir. All the younger generation (who never knew what happened in the Parliament) are watching the debate right now. Be rest assured that you wont be getting any votes in the near future. You wont be getting mine anyway.

And Honorable speaker Ms. Meira Kumar: Maam, why is it that you always speak as if you are reading for a pre-written notebook; be it English or Hindi?? Is it because you have stage fright or because the notes have been prepared by someone else (wink wink)? In case you have stage fright, how in the heaven's world did you were shortlisted to become a speaker (unless the one who shortlisted you wanted you to be silent - in the moments of truth)? If it is indeed prepared someone else, is not it your duty to be unbiased? Did you swear in the name of God? Hmmm.. And why is it maam, that you always have a smile even when addressing the haywire house and never make eye contact ans always look like you are reading what you are speaking? I can see that you have been member of Parliament before. Please maam.. Help India to become a better place to live. One more thing, when you were shouting today, you sounded more like a high-school teacher. No offense meant.

Manmohan ji??? I saw in FB, in Anna Hazare page, a member had posted that he went to hospital and there was this poster about mobile phones.. 'Please keep your phones in Manmohan (Silent) mode'. Enough said.

When you see the proceeding in the Parliament, please look at each and every face carefully. When you see the faces of the people who are opposing Anna, you will see a fear in their eyes and their faces are set taut as if they have just received a bad news and are trying their best to keep a straight face. Beware! They don't want the bill because they are so much used to their luxuries that they do not want to give them up.

My heart is with Anna ji as he goes through another day and I will be updating more often as long as the freedom struggle is raging on. My post today is helter-skelter and they are just the way my thought stream was flowing on.

Food for thought:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_alleged_scams_in_India

Inqhilab Zindabad

Pretend to sleep Govt.. You will indeed 'wake up' when cold water is splashed in your face..



No comments:

Post a Comment