I am still searching for employment and hence I was not updating my blog. But I was seeing a Gujarati News channel today and saw the Lathi charge on the Anna Team, well! That is the limit. Next thing I know is that I am sitting and blogging. This is for my India and Team Anna..
When I started to USA for my studies, I had started hating the corruption in India. I am ashamed that I had to bribe to get my passport on time. The reason? They had mentioned my sex as male instead of female and the mistake was not mine. I had to take my GRE in less than a month and I had no other go than to bribe to get a new passport. I also had to bribe to get my Driver's License even though I was the only candidate who finished all the tests with ease on that particular test day (I got my NY state license on my very first attempt!). I could have rebelled against the corrupt officials. But I sought the easy way- I bribed. I felt that I cannot change India alone and no one would stand behind me even if I rebel.
I wanted to do something for my country and I joined a start-up NGO and started helping around. But as the NGO grew, it became corrupt as well. I found out that not all the money collected were spent for the people. And that was the time I started my Grad school and I was more than happy to leave India. And stronger laws in USA enticed me and I yearned for the day when India will have strong laws like here. India has all the money it needs to develop with the speed of light. Do you believe it?
Yes! We have enough money to develop ourselves and lend to others. We have enough money. Only difference is that they are all black. It is not with India but in the pockets of Corrupt officials. What India should have done when they were brought in to light? PM should have ordered to arrest the officials, viz., Raja, Kalmadi, Kanimozhi and thousands more. Did he do that? Nope. Even CBI looked on when these cunning officials (read criminals) lead a royal life in the country where thousands go without food everyday. For God's sake, the case went to Supreme court and some of the big time scammers were locked in jail (read: small royal guest house). They enjoy separate 'star' rated rooms unlike other prisoners and relish in brunches with wardons and daily visits and expensive gifts from their relatives & followers. Nope! It does not sound like prison to me.
And what can I do? I cannot go there and shout against it. I know what they will do. They will imprison me and silently kill me. No one will know and only my family will grieve. But then Anna Hazare came. Just like Mahatma Gandhiji. He went on a fast in order to enforce Jan Lokpal Bill in April. He aimed to build the nation against corruption. He wanted to start another 'Quit India' movement. Only this time, it is against our own people: Corrupt people!
And the Honorable Govt tried everything to distract the attention from Anna. The corrupt media covered IPL rather than a man fasting to death. They added all the glitters, spices and everything nice to the things other than Anna and tried to block him from view. But the man did not budge. He just sat there, silently, fasting to death. Then the magic happened. The people started noticing him. For us, who had been killed and stampeded upon by the powerful, Anna looked like the string of hope we could cling on. I have heard how the nation walked behind Gandhiji when he went on streets. But I saw the motion for the first time in my life. I felt that I am an Indian after a very long time. I felt the pride and a lot more emotions I never experienced before. We Indians blindly felt for the hands of such a great man and found solace in his silent determination. I have read 'kathiyindri rathamindri yutham ondru varuguthu'* but I am seeing it now. Yes! The third war of Indian Independence has started.
| |
| People rallying for Anna in New Delhi (the capital of India) |
The Anna movement is gaining tremendous support now. But there are people who are condemning him. If you are reading Indian papers, you would have read about Arundathi and Nilekani openly saying that Anna is wrong. So, to get a clear view, a fellow blogger has blogged on it and I am linking the post here.
http://clearvisor.wordpress.com/2011/08/23/why-i%E2%80%99d-rather-be-anna-than-arundhati/
The link is for all the Indians who does not know what is Anna lobbying for. Do not blindly oppose someone before you know what it is. If you are opposing Anna, you are either (a) a powerful person, (b) have hoards of black money, (c) have never had your rights taken off because of corruption. But you guys constitute a measly 1-2% of Indian population (I wonder how come you guys swindled 200% of India's wealth- My God, you are skilled). But I belong to the 98% and I want my rights back. I am part of 'India Against Corruption' We are not rebelling, we are peacefully protesting. There is a difference.
I do not know as to whether any of the corrupt officials will read it but I want to ask the police men about something. Why the hell are you guys having a lathi charge on a silent protest? They are not burning buses or houses or killing people. They are not even throwing stones. They are just parading, shouting slogans. Are you not a part of India? Don't your kids need a corruption free India? Why in the heaven are you beating up the public in the silent protest? Are you trying to pose like heroes and loyal under dogs to the corrupt Govt and get a share in the black market? Just know this guys.. Resources accumulated in the wrong way will never help you out. So quit supporting corruption and start doing something good for YOUR own country. Join hands with Anna and fight for a clean India. I pray the Almighty that our 'Quit India' movement succeeds.
* With out knife (weapons), without blood, a war is brewing up.
Update1: Govt is taking down Facebook pages supporting Anna Hazare..
Update2: PM made a statement that we can check the properties in his and his family name and then understand that they clean.. But Manmohanji.. We both know, who we are mentioning when talking about corruption..


No comments:
Post a Comment