Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sugar.. Spices.. And everything nice..

I do not know about you.. But I hate the sugary sugary sweet, which is too sweet for yo tongue to like it (Did you like the Yo? It is the new thing!). But this is not about any form of cooking or baking blog. This is about something that has been right in our face for weeks and have blown up inappropriate proportions during the past few days. You guessed it. The Royal Wedding!

Courtesy: Internet - google search! (Aww.. Come on.. I dont wanna be sued by the royalty!)

I do not mean any offense to Prince Charming (I am still in love with him - Gotcha! I kid) and Princess Fairy.. Or the royalty any where in the world.. But is it not a bit too extreme coverage? Think about it. A few days before, when you hop on to Yahoo! news, you will see about rising fuel prices, disturbances in middle east, economic inflation in Asia, extended trauma in Japan (Give them a silent prayer when you read this), and a bunch of other things. But come 29th, Poof! Everything vanishes.. It is bright and sunny everywhere and everyone is very very happy.

Courtesy: Again Internet - Google search (I still dont have the cash to get sued by royalty!)

I can understand that it looks like we are having a pretty much bad time (economically and at places, politically) and everyone needs a break to stop running; stand back; and enjoy the show. Royal wedding in all its glory and pomp, provided the well needed get away from reality. But showing only that in all the television channels and just that news in all the News web pages for upto 3 days after that? This is not a great choice. The world did not come to a standstill because of the wedding. Libya is still struggling.. Fuel prices are still rising. I do not remember the food prices going down or not rising either. So why did the media hide the reality?

Note again, I did not say that the media should not have covered the wedding for days together. But they should have covered the real news in between as well. Yahoo! India, forgot to post about IPL as well. Geez, India has never forgotten its cricket and that this IPL (Not even when Anna Hazare was starving to death for the people). All I am saying is that the 'Get a hang of it guys!'.

On an ending note, if I am getting married the Fairy Tale way (that would be the day my parents disown me!), I would want the world to stop and look at my wedding. But not for 4 long days..  Ciao..



No comments:

Post a Comment