I wanted to write more often, but the change of place and people made me hostile to reading, let alone write. I was more interested to just browse and watch lame video rather than get a good book to read or better yet, write something. All my reading was limited to Science and Medical fiction.
The science fiction ended with the demise of Michael Crichton and his last (so called) two books - I still think that he did not write the Pirate Latitudes - it is a load of crap when compared to his master pieces like 'Andromeda Strain', and 'The Great Train Robbery' (well, ofcourse the Jurassic Park). Micro is more like Crichton than the Pirate Latitudes but that is for another day. Back to my genre, I started reading (as in getting audio books and listening to them while driving) Robin Cook's works - complete medical fiction. My change of work environment from a pure technological field to being a technical person in healthcare made me more adapt in medical terminologies and hence easy deciphering of the medical jargon Cook throws at us.
In between, if I can find an audio book or 2 by Jeffery Archer, that would join the bandwagon but I would invariably change to medical fiction. But that changed when my man (christening him as P) forced me to read 'The Alchemist' by Paulo Coelho, and I was hooked. I then read, The Witch of Portobello and thought it could have been better. When I read The Winner Stands Alone, I understood why The Alchemist is called his masterpiece.
Back to the point, P had achieved what he intended, make me read again. And that reading had made me to write again and let me see if the third time back to blog proves to be a charm.
The science fiction ended with the demise of Michael Crichton and his last (so called) two books - I still think that he did not write the Pirate Latitudes - it is a load of crap when compared to his master pieces like 'Andromeda Strain', and 'The Great Train Robbery' (well, ofcourse the Jurassic Park). Micro is more like Crichton than the Pirate Latitudes but that is for another day. Back to my genre, I started reading (as in getting audio books and listening to them while driving) Robin Cook's works - complete medical fiction. My change of work environment from a pure technological field to being a technical person in healthcare made me more adapt in medical terminologies and hence easy deciphering of the medical jargon Cook throws at us.
In between, if I can find an audio book or 2 by Jeffery Archer, that would join the bandwagon but I would invariably change to medical fiction. But that changed when my man (christening him as P) forced me to read 'The Alchemist' by Paulo Coelho, and I was hooked. I then read, The Witch of Portobello and thought it could have been better. When I read The Winner Stands Alone, I understood why The Alchemist is called his masterpiece.
Back to the point, P had achieved what he intended, make me read again. And that reading had made me to write again and let me see if the third time back to blog proves to be a charm.
No comments:
Post a Comment